Friday, July 07, 2006

Half empty glass

Well, what can I say about this year so far? It's been same old same. I still haven't heard anything from the job yet. If I do get this job, this can probably be my biggest challenge this year. Sometimes I feel lost in simple life. I get scared when everything is going too well. My current mood: glass half empty. I'm kinda homesick. I have never imagined myself living in America for this long. I have made some wonderful friends here, but oddly enough, I don't have any asian friends, except my college roommate. Even though this place started to feel like home, I still feel out of place sometimes. No matter how nice and welcoming people are, there are certain things you can only relate to your own people. I'm afraid that I may never live in Hong Kong again. Will I be a foreigner for the rest of my life?

No comments: