Friday, February 06, 2009

baby sleep screams

Does anyone know why my one year old baby screams in his sleep? Eli does it every night. We are not talking about that kind of screaming bell that may suggest night terror. His scream usually lasts no longer than a minute. It's annoying if I'm awake. Yes, I said it, my son is annoying sometimes. Still love very much regardless, in case he reads this when he's older. The only think I can think of is that his dad sleep talks sometimes. It's creepy when you are not prepared to hear someone sleep talks, because it usually comes on very sudden and loud. Sometimes it's all gibberish. So maybe Eli got this weird habit from his dad. So if anyone has any idea what this is and how to stop it, please leave a comment.

1 comment:

Iris in Iowa said...

Yes, Peter would do this some as a little guy. I've had pediatricians tell me it is common for little ones who battle allergies, as is wetting the bed (which Peter DIDN'T do, I best add!). Pete did do some sleep walking. Denis talked in his sleep sporatically as well. It was always good for a chuckle.