Friday, April 03, 2009

Hong Kong trip part one

I can't believe I'm Hong Kong, even harder to believe that we survived the fifteen hours plane ride with Eli. I don't want to about it. It was as awful as it could get. By the end of that flight, the idea of leaving Eli with my mom for a year sounded really great. Here's how our trip started...
We had to drive to Chicago couple days earlier. so I could get a permit from the Chinese embassy. They were very helpful and I was able to get it on the same day. To ensure we got there at the earliest, we left our house at 3am. We didn't get there until 9ish. Now we understand why people always try to avoid the rush hour in big cities. It took us thirty minutes to drive four miles there.
After a gruesome fifteen hours flight, we have finally arrived Hong Kong. Hong Kong is in the 60s and 70s and humid. My dad's first reaction when he saw us was to run toward us and scream "My baby!". The biggest reaction we have seen anyone every has for Eli. He forgot he's in public. We had a delicious home cooked meal, and for once, we didn't have to take care of Eli while we eat. Maybe that's why it was so delicious. My mom asked if Eli could stay with them while we are in Hong Kong. I told her to take him and no need to return at anytime. Then we went to best friend Shan's place. Shan and I stayed up until 3 am. We talked and laughed. We were laughing at old letters that she wrote me and playing with makeup. Good times.

2 comments:

APL Photography said...

Pictures Please!

Iris in Iowa said...

THIS grandma might have a thing or two to say about Eli being gone a year! ;-)