Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Some activities in this boring house. Playing blocks, or as Eli says it "bocks", and watching tv. 
These awesome blocks are Eli's Christmas gift from great grandma last year, I think. She was a teacher, so she always got Eli educational gifts. These ones she found have Chinese writing on them. Aren't they cool?! 
Then, The Wizard of Oz was on tv. I have never liked it, but Eli was sucked in. I thought the green witch was really scary, and she still is. This movie is really strange, kinda like the Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory.  

Eli's new socks. You know having a small child with eczema is really hard. His skin was better, so we weren't as diligent with our routine. We ran out of allergy medicine and didn't lotion him up everyday, and we ended up with mummy legs. Poor child was in such discomfort and pain, that caused few sleepless nights for all of us. He's getting better. 

I have been reading Stephanie Nielson's blog, and she inspired me to be a better mother and wife. So I looked up recipe for chicken and dumplings, and I followed this one. I like Campbell's chicken and dumplings soup, so why not try to make it myself.
I didn't think boiling chicken would gross me out, but it did. The smell of raw chicken boiling, the bumps on the skin, and the fat floating on top. I'm telling you now, I will not make this dish ever again, unless it uses cooked chicken.
When my mom was here, she cooked a lot of chicken soup. One whole chicken cut up and boil with other good ingredients. It was always delicious. Now I'm glad I didn't watch her cook it. 

Skin off, fat skimmed from top. It's looking better. 

Btw, I'm using my new Le Creuset dutch oven. I had to let go of my old Calphalon one. It was time. 
I wasn't sure if I should spend this kind of money on a dutch oven, but I'm glad I did. I'm also glad our tax refund came in time for this. My husband said it's so easy to clean. Nothing stick, really, Nothing! It is also very pretty. Hehe...
Looks promising. I couldn't bring myself to have a bowl after cooking it. Hey, maybe that should be my diet. I tend to lose my appetite after cooking a meal. I think the work that goes into cooking a meal causes me losing interest in tasting it.  
Eli was up because he wanted to eat it, but it was too hot to his mouth, so he tried using his hand to see if it's better. Well, it's not. 
I enjoy cooking for others, as long as someone does the dishes for me. I'm lucky enough to have a husband that does.

I was thinking, this guy is getting so big. I think it's crazy to watch your baby growing so fast right in front of your eyes. Crazy. 

No comments: