Tuesday, September 19, 2006

I'm in pain class this week. Today was my first day, and it was very good. Also free breakfast and lunch, yay! I got a lot of valuable information today, and tomorrow we are going to do rounds with the pain clinicians. Today Angie, one of the girls at work, gave me a few Paula Begoun newletters. Paula's the author of Don't Go To The Cosmetics Counter Without Me. Angie and I are both cosmetics and skin care junkies. We love to talk about it whenever we can at workl. One of the benefits of being a girly girl. For girls like us, Paula's newsletter is really help, because she goes indepth in the effectiveness of the product, and why it does or doesn't work, or if it's worth the money. We all know how much money we have wasted on products that not only ineffective but also caused problems, right?

About those Origins products I purchased couple weeks ago, here's my verdict:

The image “http://www.vogue.de/imperia/dw/axium/images/1/9/12/13/6692/MDimage_0_1.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
Modern Friction"Skin-refining Rice Starch, cushioned in cream, shows real affinity for rapidly removing sluggish cells, uneven patches and signs of skin damage and discolorations..."
I like it because it's not too harsh like a lot of the micro-dermabrasion on the market. I'm not sure if it's as effective as I hoped for though as far as the discolorations goes. It does however make you skin feels clean and smooth.

The image “http://images2.nordstrom.com/images/store/product/medium/14144U.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
Out of Trouble "Nature’s trouble-shooters, including super-absorbent Zinc Oxide and Sulfur, calming Camphor plus skin-sloughing salicylic acid, rapidly respond to problem skin’s plight with a three-part plan - sop up oily-shine, slough off sticky, dead cells, and sweep away irksome debris..."
I also like this one. Although it's not mentioned in its description, it seems to dry out pimples faster. One thing though, make sure put some good mositurizer on afterward. It drys out skin quite a bit as well.

No comments: